Morningstar’s TriStar Controller is a three-function controller that provides reliable solar battery charging, load control or diversion regulation. The controller operates in one of these modes at a time and two or more controllers may be used to provide multiple functions.The TriStar uses advanced technology and automated production to provide exciting new features at a competitive cost. The optional TriStar meter is the most sophisticated and informative controller meter on the market. The controller is UL listed and is designed for both solar home systems and professional applications.
Large heat sink enables operating at full ratings to 60°C.
Ratings to 45A at 12v, 24v and 48VDC will handle solar arrays up to 2kW.
RS-232 connects to a personal computer for custom settings, data logging and remote monitoring and control.
DIP switch provides user with a choice of 7 different digital presets and custom settings via RS-232.
Extensive electronic Protections. Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, high temperature and overvoltage.
Larger power terminals and conduit
Better Battery charging
Connecting battery sense wires optional remote temperature sensor will improve control accuracy. Constant voltage
series PWM algorithm increases battery capacity and life.
LED’s to indicate status, faults and alarms. Optional meter displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test and reset capabilities.
Meter connection via RJ-11 phone jack
DIP switch setting will change PWM to “On-Off” battery charging.
• Rated solar, load or diversion current: 45A
• System Voltage 12-48V
• Accuracy 12/24V: 0.1% ±50mV
• Min. voltage to operate 9V
• Max. solar voltage (Voc) 125V
• Self-consumption: Controller <20mA / Meter 7.5mA
• Operating ambient temperature: Controller –40°C to +60°C / Meter –40°C to +60°C
• Storage temperature: –55°C to +85°C
• Humidity: 100% (non-condensing)
• Tropicalization: Conformal coating on both sides of all printed circuit boards
• Reverse polarity protection (any combination)
• Short-circuit protection
• Overcurrent protection
• Lightning and transient surge protection using 4500W transient voltage suppressors
• High temperature protection via automatic current reduction or complete shut down
• Prevents reverse current from battery at night
• Dimensions: Height: 26.0cm/10.3 inch
Width: 12.7cm/5.0 inch
Depth: 7.1cm/2.8 inch
• Weight: 1.6 kg/3.5 lb
• Largest Wire: 35mm2 /2 AWG
• Conduit Eccentric 2.5/3.2 cm / knockouts: (1.0/1.25 inch)
• Enclosure: Type 1, indoor rated
• TriStar Meter — 2 x 16 display mounts to controller and provides system and controller information, data logging, bar graphs and choice of 5 languages
• TriStar Remote Meter — Includes 30 meters of cable for mounting meter away from the controller
• Remote Temperature Sensor —
Provides temperature compensated charging by measuring temperature at the battery (10 meter cable)
• CE Compliant
• UL Listed (UL 1741)
• cUL (CSA-C22.2 No.107.1-95)
• Complies with U.S. National Electric Code
• Manufactured in a certified
ISO 9001 facility
Delivery time 3-5 days on all orders